Calient Technologies is the global leader in adaptive photonic switching with systems that enable dynamic optical layer optimization in software defined communication networks and data centers. The Company is a privately-held company backed by tier 1 venture investors with annual revenues of approximately $15M in the most recent fiscal year. The Company is a recognized technology leader in the IT and Telecommunications industry and offers all optical switches to market leading companies in the networking, data center and telecommunications industries through a global network of direct and indirect sales channels.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join us as a Vice President of Sales to lead our Sales function – this is a ground floor opportunity where you can leave a big imprint. The successful individual will partner with the President and other senior management to drive key business and operational decisions. This individual will report to the President of the Company.
We are looking for someone with industry experience in the IT, Telecommunications sectors or related experience from a similar industry. Startup experience is a plus, but not a must. We are looking for an individual who can see the “big picture”, but is also willing to roll up their sleeves to help the Company and the team move forward.
If this role appeals to you, and you feel you meet the basic requirements for the position, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Responsibilities Summary:
The Vice President of Sales position is a senior level executive, responsible for establishing and implementing the Company sales goals, strategies, policies, directions and procedures; developing the short, middle and long term sales plan as well as its execution plan; participating in Company strategic decision-making about products portfolio, technology roadmap, business development and company core capabilities; building and leading global sales organization to drive and achieve fast growth of the Company sales revenue and the ultimate profitability of the company; expanding Company global customer bases, and achieving Company growth goals, promoting Customer satisfactions and fostering strong customer strategic relationships; participating in developing and making proposal on sales team compensation and incentive plan, performance KPI measurements, conducting sales team performance appraisal.
- Develop Company sales strategies and objectives based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Build, develops and manages the global sales team highly capable of carrying out Company sales strategies and sales growth initiatives, ensure to achieve company sales growth and profit goals.
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies, directions, procedures and practices.
- Develop quarterly, annual and long term sales plan in support of Company growth strategies and objectives.
- Develop and continue to optimize sales pipeline and forecast process with focus on predictability, timely generate company 6-month rolling forecast, annual forecast and long term forecast.
- Develop company marketing and communication materials, create sales tool kits with value proposition and ROI.
- Develop and recommend product market positioning, pricing strategies to meet company objectives.
- Participate and contribute in Company strategic decision-making about products portfolio, technology roadmap, business development and company core capabilities.
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of sales strategies, tactics, methods, expenses and results.
- Annually develop appropriate sales & marketing expense and investment budgets and control plans, meets organizational expenditure requirements and financial objectives.
- Design sales performance KPI metrics, develop and propose to management sales commission and incentive programs, conduct sales team performance and appraisal.
- Oversee daily sales activities, visiting and meeting with major Customers to maintain strategic business relationships, prepare Company sales reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Team Work.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field, MBA is preferred.
- Outstanding track records of experiences and successes in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, account development, and business planning.
- Strong capability to hire, train, develop, organize, lead and direct a global sales team.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- High degree of skills in trend analyzing, market monitoring, and result tracking.
Full-Time/Regular/Exempt position in Sales Department reporting to the President of the Company. This position requires frequent travel, more than 50%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.