- Hands-on Senior Engineer or Technical Lead with ability to take hardware designs from concept to production using in-house resources and partner facilities at other locations.
- Lead or work with a small, dynamic hardware team responsible for the hardware foundation of MEMS-based photonic switches.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and a quick learner, who is comfortable handling multiple assignments and escalations.
- Regular duties include:
- Designing, debugging and documenting analog, digital and mixed-signal electronic circuits.
- Working with analog subsystems having a DC bandwidth of up to 10 MHz. Hardware will include extremely low noise and ultra-high stability circuits and systems (µV to 200 V).
- Working with digital subsystems including FPGAs, CPLDs and microprocessors with typical clocking rates of 100-1000 MHz. Digital design languages are Verilog, C and vendor-specific tools.
- Collecting and analyzing experimental data such as that which would be generated in the evaluation of electronic circuits.
- Designing test beds such as those that would be required for the evaluation of electronic circuits.
- Assisting with failure analysis and the introduction of electronic systems into production.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to design and analyze analog circuits such as op-amps, filters and power circuits.
- Demonstrated ability to design and analyze FPGAs and CPLDs using Verilog and/or VHDL.
- Experience with debugging and test equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, in-circuit emulators and network testers.
- Experience using any of the following tools: FPGA (Xilinx, Actel) and Simulator (Aldec, ModelSim), Design (Xilinx ISE, OrCAD, Mentor PADS, MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW).
- At a minimum, possess a rudimentary knowledge of mathematical analysis; specifically, functional analysis and statistics.
- At a minimum, possess a rudimentary knowledge of process control; specifically, as it relates to reliability and failure analysis.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with digital design and development of telecom products around x86/PPC (preferred) architecture.
- BSEE or equivalent with a minimum of 6-8+ years’ relevant experience. An advanced degree, MSEE or equivalent, is preferred.
Santa Barbara, CA
Full-Time/Regular/Contract, Equal Opportunity Employer. Send résumés to email@example.com.
Calient Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. Calient Technologies does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.