Calient Technologies is the global leader in adaptive photonic switching with systems that enable dynamic optical layer optimization in software defined communication networks and data centers. The Company is a privately-held company backed by tier 1 venture investors. The Company is a recognized technology leader in the IT Lab Automation and Telecommunications industry and offers all optical switches to market leading companies in the networking, data center and telecommunications industries through a global network of direct and indirect sales channels.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join us as a Regional VP of Sales to drive revenue in North America direct and through partners. The successful individual will partner with the SVP of Sales and Marketing and other senior management to drive key business. This individual will report to the SVP of Sales and Marketing of the Company.
We are looking for someone with industry experience in the IT, Telecommunications sectors, data centers, lab automation or related experience from a similar industry. Startup experience is a plus, but not a must. We are looking for an individual who can roll up their sleeves to help the Company and the team move forward.
If this role appeals to you, and you feel you meet the basic requirements for the position, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Responsibilities Summary:
The Regional Vice President of Sales position is a senior level sales position, responsible for driving revenue through recruiting channel partners and direct sales; developing the sales execution plan; participating in Company strategic decision-making about products portfolio and business development; expanding Company North American customer bases, and achieving Company growth goals, promoting Customer satisfactions and fostering strong customer strategic relationships.
- Collaborating with senior executives to establish and execute a sales goal for the region
- Managing a sales channels in order to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed corporate-set goals
- Forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals
- Developing specific plans to ensure growth both long and short-term
- Educating customers with presentations at seminars and regular meetings
- Reviewing regional expenses and recommending improvements
- Develop and continue to optimize sales pipeline and forecast process with focus on predictability, timely generate company 6-month and 12-month rolling forecast
- Participate and contribute in Company strategic decision-making about products portfolio, technology roadmap, business development and company core capabilities
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of sales strategies, tactics, methods, expenses and results
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field
- Outstanding track records of experiences and successes in growing a sales territory, recruiting channel partners and exceeding assigned goals
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- High degree of skills in trend analyzing, market monitoring, and result tracking
Full-Time/Regular/Exempt position in Sales Department reporting to the SVP of Sales and Marketing of the Company. This position, which can be based anywhere in the US, requires frequent travel, more than 50%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight.