Responsible for stocking, issuing, and transacting parts in and out of the stockroom; staging material on shop floor for work orders; ensuring accuracy of stockroom inventory; and maintaining required stockroom records.
- Collect all received material from Receiving area and store in designated locations in stockroom and other storage areas.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or other locations.
- Mark stock items clearly using appropriate labeling and/or appropriate identification tags.
- Pull material on work order pick lists in a timely fashion and stage material on factory floor for use by production.
- Perform timely issue transactions in MRP system for material pulled for work orders.
- Process material requests from other departments and transact accordingly.
- Clearly note any shortages affecting work orders and notify buyer promptly; backfill shortages as soon as additional material is received and communicate same to factory and material planner via e-mail.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and specific material requirements.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisor.
- Drive company van to pick up incoming stock and deliver parts to designated locations.
- Assist with cycle counts, inventory audits and other stockroom activities, as required.
- Assist with receiving, packing and shipping activities, as required.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum high school education
- Able to count, write legibly
- Able to lift and move containers weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Experience using MRP system to issue and receive parts
- Forklift certification
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-5 years’ warehouse/inventory/material-handling experience
- High school diploma with some college preferred
- Must be able to stand for long periods
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Santa Barbara, CA
Full-Time/Non-Exempt position in Supply Chain Department reporting to the Sr. Director of Supply Chain
Submit résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
Calient Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. Calient Technologies does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.