- Hands-on Technical Lead with ability to take hardware designs from concept to production using in-house resources and partner facilities at other locations.
- Lead or work with a small, dynamic hardware team responsible for the hardware foundation of MEMS-based photonic switches.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and a quick learner, who is comfortable handling multiple assignments and escalations.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience developing hardware—from prototype to production—for board designs in embedded products. Depending upon experience, candidate must be proficient at Board Design, Layout, Thermal, Grounding, Mechanical, Vibration and Component de‑rating Analysis.
- Experience using any of the following tools: FPGA (Xilinx, Actel) and Simulator (Aldec, ModelSim), Design (Xilinx ISE, OrCAD, Mentor PADS, MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW)
- Experience with debugging and test equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, in-circuit emulators and network testers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BSEE or equivalent with a minimum of 2-10+ years’ experience. An advanced degree, MSEE or equivalent, is preferred.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with digital design and development of telecom products around x86/PPC (preferred) architecture.
- Experience working with other hardware engineers in a collaborative environment is a plus.
Santa Barbara, CA
Full-Time/Regular/Contract, Equal Opportunity Employer. Send résumés to email@example.com.
Calient Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. Calient Technologies does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.