On July 24th CALIENT Technologies had the good fortune of announcing a $27 Million round of funding, as well as the arrival on the scene of experienced CFO Jag Setlur. The funding was supplied by new and existing investors with the money being used to extend CALIENT’s 3D MEMS Optical Circuit Switching products and solutions for software defined data center networking. This is good news not only for CALIENT, but also for SDN and our partners like Plexxi.
Here is a small sample of the media coverage we received in case you missed it:
- Pacific Coast Business Times (@pacbiztimes) Background on CALIENT and our funding.
- WSJ CFO blog. Info on our new CFO, Jag Setlur.
- SDNCentral (@sdn_news and @craigmatsumoto) Great, insightful piece on CALIENT and where we’re headed.
- GigaOM (@gigaom) Short piece on funding announcement.
- Santa Barbara News-Press. Check this piece out for some local Santa Barbara flavored coverage.